The journey with my son and his condition, Sagittal Craniosynostosis.

My son was diagnosed with Sagittal Craniosynostosis Thursday, September 2, 1010, and he had surgery to correct it on Wednesday, September 8th. This is my story, journey, experience...I hope this helps relieve another family, as the Sprik family did for me.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

(12) Helmet Casting

Today Kellan got fitted for his helmet.  It consisted of taking a cast of his head so that they can ship it off to Florida and make the cast.  They only allow 2 weeks between the time of casting, to the first fitting of the helmet.  The doctor informed us that we will have to bring him back once a week for the first four weeks to make sure that the helmet is working as intended.  They believe he will have to wear it for approximately 3 months.








Team Work!



He was not a happy camper!


Alllll better!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog, Megan. It has some great info and I'm glad to see Kellan doing so well. The best to you both!

    ReplyDelete