The journey with my son and his condition, Sagittal Craniosynostosis.

My son was diagnosed with Sagittal Craniosynostosis Thursday, September 2, 1010, and he had surgery to correct it on Wednesday, September 8th. This is my story, journey, experience...I hope this helps relieve another family, as the Sprik family did for me.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

(6) Pre Op

On Tuesday morning I took Kellan to the hospital for his pre-op.  The doctor required blood work so that we could see what blood type Kellan was because there was a very good chance that he would need at least one blood transfusion, if not two.  He also had to have an x-ray done of his lungs, to make sure they were nice and clear.  If he had any sign of a cold, they would not operate on him.  It seemed like we were at the hospital for hours.  Once all the paperwork was complete, and they were done poking my poor little man, we headed home for the night.



His forehead was very prominent because his head was growing oblong, pushing his brain out the back of his head.


This is a great view of the back of his head, showing the "ridge' that I have been talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment