The journey with my son and his condition, Sagittal Craniosynostosis.

My son was diagnosed with Sagittal Craniosynostosis Thursday, September 2, 1010, and he had surgery to correct it on Wednesday, September 8th. This is my story, journey, experience...I hope this helps relieve another family, as the Sprik family did for me.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

(5) Dr. Blum

On Thursday we met with Dr. Blum.  Without even having to look at the CT scan or the results we had brought with us, he started to explain to us a condition called, Sagittal Craniosynostosis.  My worst nightmares were coming true.  I was completely heartbroken, and I knew were this conversation was going to go due to all of the research that I had done.  He started to explain to us what the condition was, and how it can possibly effect my son’s physical and mental development in the future if it was not handled immediately.  Since it was caught so early, the doctor explained to us that we had a window of a week or two to do the less invasive surgery because of his age.  We were told that his nurses would get in contact with our insurance, get the surgery approved, and then we would move forward with scheduling it.  Again, I was expecting a day or two to go by before we would hear from his office.  Within 3 hours a nurse from his office called and said that the insurance approved it, and that we were scheduled for surgery the following Wednesday at 7:30am.  Everything moved so fast, we didn’t even have time to digest what we were just told.

No comments:

Post a Comment